A tea school like no other!
Jason, Timmy, Kyle, & Virginia
invite you to
- discover how to grow and process delicious teas sustainably in the US!
- explore how to brew and enjoy your teas.
Who should take these courses?
- tea growers & future tea growers who want to learn how to create delicious teas;
- beverage professionals who want to deepen their knowledge of tea from farm to table;
- and all tea enthusiasts & tea-curious, who want to gain real insight into what makes US tea such an amazing beverage.
Here are your guides for the
US TEA EXPERIENCE:
Timmy Gipson & Jason McDonald
At their pioneering farm, The Great Mississippi Tea Company in Brookhaven, Mississippi, Jason & Timmy develop science-based approaches to growing and processing Camellia sinensis that yield award-winning teas. In fact their whole enterprise won the Best Tea Industry Innovation at World Tea Expo 2020!
Jason & Timmy can't wait to show you how they do it!
Virginia Utermohlen Lovelace
Physician-scientist, former faculty member of the Division of Nutritional Sciences, Cornell University, and author of Tea: a Nerd's Eye View (available on Amazon), and the scientist behind the Scents of Tea® kit that won the World Tea Expo 2020 Best Tea Product Award. Virginia brings her expertise and highly appreciated teaching skills to each of these courses.
Virginia is eager to guide you through the science of tea so that you will produce the most delicious teas and enjoy your teas to the max!
At The Cultured Cup in Dallas Texas, Kyle offers not only delicious teas, but also first-class tea education in the shop's dedicated Tasting Room—these offerings have earned The Cultured Cup the title of "Best Retail Tea Shop" by World Tea Expo 2019.
You won't want to miss learning from Kyle's tea preparation and tasting expertise!